Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Weekend that Rocked ;)

Everyone knows I love weekends, Jason is home and school is non-existent... good ole' family time. I was not sure that this weekend was going to be stellar because my Friday morning seemed too CRAZY!

We started with church aerobics at 9:00. We try to go to school Mass every Friday because we see Caitlin and it is just good for us. Well, I was out quite late Thursday night with girl's night and I was a bit tired. I asked Caitlin if she would mind if I stayed in, and she responds with "I will cry inside if you are not there." With the fat lip and mangled teeth from the previous night's events, I could hardly reject that. So I went with snacks in the bag and a smile on the face, and we made it... in the cry room nonetheless, but we made it.

After church my girlfriend and I made a mad dash for the bank to open the coveted girl scout checking account for our troop, well that was a joke. The man could hardly understand that we were two moms with all the children in tow trying to open an account that he should already have knowledge of. NOPE! It was not simple, easy, complain free at all. "Well you will need this, that, those, these, and the other." It was nothing like described in the Girl Scout Handbook, but then again... is anything? The account is semi-opened, so let's see how it works...

Just so you know, the day improved with Carson's antics and my cleaning for company. Yes, company... It was GREAT, the Godparents came... Tim and Julie arrived in the nick of time for Caitlin's noon soccer game. We had an awesome weekend with them and of course they did not come empty handed... Carson with his tent, and the girls with their clothes!

We landed a new babysitter, which let me preface this with Carson does not like to be without his mother. Jessica came and conquered the evening while the adults went out for the most delicious and AWESOME dinner at the Revolver. We had a great time and came home to wound up children. I did forget to mention that I allowed Carson to have his first can of caffeine pop as we were walking out the door... I just wanted to leave without tears. So Carson can only have Pepsi when absolutely necessary.

We had a great Sunday with even more hyperactivity from Carson. We survived breakfast and Mass, and then waved our good-byes to Aunt Julie and Uncle Tim. We went to the Pumpkin Patch after nap. It was a great time too. Carson was in him prime riding on a trailer behind a John Deere tractor. Not to mention, we saw a four engine train on tracks not too far from the patch. We also saw five combines working in the surrounding fields. It was a Carson day!

When we arrived home, the fun began. They hauled out the paints for the pumpkins... the underlying statement there is, the mess begins. We also arrived home to costumes hanging on the door that friends had dropped by. Carson looked mighty cute in the "Dorothy and Toto" costume. Caitlin wore the Geisha costume with flair. It was comedy hour. Especially when Carson yells from his tent, "hurry dad zip it up quick, don't let the Japanese in." NICE!

Well the week chock full of activities awaits... stay tuned for more humor.

No comments: