Friday, October 31, 2008

How Life is Measured?

...by the amount of "sleeps"

I am now going to live as my 3 1/2 year old does, by the amount of sleeps left until something great will take place. This was the best week for "how many sleeps until?"...



"How many sleeps until the Halloween Parade?"



"How many sleeps until daddy gets home?"



"How many sleeps until trick-or-treat?"



"How many sleeps until Caitlin's party at school?"



"How many sleeps until... to be continued"



I decided that I will live this way... :) - two more sleeps until the day I clean the bathrooms, three more sleeps until my favorite TV show is on, one more sleep until the weekend! It is so much fun anticipating the inevidable by the amount of sleeps.



Carson, you sure do put a smile on my face...



He comes over to me several times throughout the day... does this feel good mom? As he gently touches my hair, arm, or leg. There seems to be a motive, "can you do that to me?" It is such a subtle way, or at church he bluntly states "RUB ME."



Caitlin was very "witchy" at her class party yesterday. Being in the busy first grade classroom of twenty-four, a great reminder to me why I am home and not teaching, HALLOWEEN PARTIES! It was fun to see her interactions with friends and other parents. I seem to be questioning my parenting skills a lot these days, so it was good to see my seven-year-old being polite.



Caitlin is still by far the best helper of the house, as I watched her folding laundry in the family room. Thank heavens for small favors, and thank you Caitlin!



Carly went last evening trick-or-treating for the first time. She was not really a beggar for candy, she just wanted to kiss the other kids or play in the candy bowls. I love to play in candy bowls too! :) Pictures to come!

No comments: