Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Things That I LOVE...

I was standing in the family room today watching the weather radar (anticipating the worst) and listening to the computer generated voice... Carson runs in from the kitchen and watches right along with me, and then says "is that God talking in there?" I love that...

This morning we were at Dr. Mike's office for Carly's millionth x-ray and the beep, beep, beep comes across their intercom/radio. Carson freezes and says, "is it going to flood?" Everyone laughed for a second, then stopped and wondered why an almost 4 year old would have that on his mind... (his trains are in the basement). I love his concern...

I love that tonight Caitlin said she was going to live by the 10 Commandments this week.

I love music, our kids love music... but I make music choices that other parents would probably cringe at, I love the top 40 music and so do my kids. We are great parents that teach right and wrong and the kids know that we don't use foul language or be rude to one another, but this is great... Carly first song that she can sing was a shocker to us because we do listen to a lot of children's music. The TV ads for the Grammy's came on during the news last week and she heard Katy Perry singing, she comes running around the corner in her 18 month old voice and sings, "I KISSED A GIRL." I know you are all cringing right now... It is not foul language or being rude. :)

I put Carly into the real bathtub tonight, she seemed so happy to be out of the kitchen sink for a bath. So tonight, I love trash bags to put around broken arms.

I know that one of my kids is going to be a meteorologist because they all watch the weather, even Carly. Carson builds a pillow shelter when he knows a storm is coming and Caitlin just prays. I love that my kids don't watch TV much, but when they do it is Mr. Rogers for Carson, and the Weather Channel for everyone!

I love that Carson is SO excited for his birthday!

Those are the "loves" that I could remember this evening... there will be plenty more to share as we get close to the "lover's day."

1 comment:

Erin Nicole said...

I LOVE that Carly sings "I kissed a girl!" :)