Saturday, November 15, 2008

Survival Conquers All!

The family survived mom's five day sabbatical to Florida. Events that took place upon my disappearance, Upward Basketball Evaluations, swimming at the YMCA, 10 o'clock Mass, a lost toenail that created a bloody mess by a certain loved canine, and a redecorated room?!?!



These are all activities that took place while I enjoyed shopping, para sailing, jet skiing with the dolphins, and uninterrupted sleep. The phone calls home were short and uninformative since I arrived home multiple surprises.



The kids did well, especially Caitlin since her dad decided it was time for and EXTREME makeover. Her room is a work in progress, so I will send pictures later. It was not in my upcoming house plans, but it has now been shoved into priority mode since we went from nice pastels to BOLD primaries.



Carson did not seem to mind that I was gone, but I did send him picture messages with various creatures that we ran into while in Florida. He loved the snake in the road pictures. He learned an inappropriate word from his dad, who was saddened by Gram Alice's dried rose arrangement had fallen and was demolished. Carson came running and was curious why daddy said, "sh...(censored). I forgave him for that instantly, we all have weak moments. Carson also replaced me with Aunt Lauri while I was away. Aunt Lauri even told me she was sad I was coming home, because Carson was her sidekick while I was away.



Carly did not miss me at all for she was happy to have daddy's attention. She is totally a daddy's girl and my absence was not any trouble for her. I did not come home to teeth, but an enhanced vocabulary. Her favorite word is still "happy" but loves to say "please and pizza." She also loves to say her own name.



So they made it! Dad pulled through again! He is an amazing dad and husband, for which I am eternally grateful. I am so refreshed and relaxed. Now I just need to figure out how to get that giant red paint stain off Caitlin's carpet. Oh, did I forget to mention he dropped the red paint can on the carpet?

No comments: