Saturday, November 8, 2008

Busy times, sad times, good times...

Last weekend I arrived home from a girl's weekend in Columbus, to find that SUPER DAD had done a great job with the kids and the house. It was the small practice round for what is to come his way starting today. I am leaving for Florida with Lisa for five days, and he is in charge. The laundry is done, the meals are cooked, and the bathrooms are cleaned... I have given him a great advantage :). They will be great, he has all kinds of wonderful plans... and some excellent back-up, Aunt Lauri and Uncle Jeff, and the Sallisburys.

It was a hard week this week with attending Gram's memorial. It is a hard thing for the kids to experience after they have gone through this with Gigi and Uncle Hank. Carson did not understand why Gram was not going to get up and leave to go to Heaven. He stood at my side as I spoke of Gram, he held my hand... it was my little angel to guard me during a time of weakness.

The kids were awesome given the circumstances... they missed naps, ate lunch at a different time... but yet they were great.

Carly has added some new vocabulary into her game, " I KNOW." Last evening I called the Library only to report that they had closed for the evening, and her perfect response to that was, "I KNOW." Plain as day... cute as ever...

So now I am off to Florida, not sure what I will have to report when I get home... maybe teeth from the wee one, or just good health and good times while I was away.

No comments: