Friday, December 5, 2008

The Footed Pajamas and Houdini

Yes, the lovely pair of Carter's footed pajamas has been a constant in this house for days. I see him come around the corner at 1:00 in the afternoon having found the footed pajamas. Can you blame them, I even want a pair? Carson received his first pair of footed fleece pajamas as a three year old; however, they were part of the bedtime wardrobe as an infant. The only thing is he wants to wear them around the house at all hours of the day. It is kind of hard to deny him that, except we cannot do grocery shopping or go to church in footed pajamas. He does look like a giant baby though! Will post a picture another day...

Oh boy, Houdini strikes again. This time it is in the crib and it involves pure nakedness. Carly has managed to unbutton, unzip, and un-tab the diaper.... quiet doesn't always mean napping.

Speaking of nakedness, probably not a blog entry that I will be most proud of... but when he is 20 or so maybe we will laugh about it. I dropped Carson off at a friend's house (who shall remain nameless) while I went to a funeral visitation. Long story, short... my cell phone rings casket side (yes, embarrassed and disappointed that I did not realize that the phone still rang on the alarm setting) and it is the friend telling me that she walked in on her daughter and my son putting their clothes back on. Carson thought it would be funny to walk around naked. Okay, from a 3 1/2 year old perspective, funny.... from a parent perspective... not funny.

We have had some trouble with Carson over the last few weeks with possible a new asthma medicine he is on... so he is now off the medication by parental decision. His behavior has been a bit scattered and nothing that we are used to, so we are working on some new parenting skills until we get it out of his system. Tonight was a sweet moment though, as I heard the bellow of his voice when he discovered where the baby Jesus was. He kept asking me in the car on our various errands today that he did not remember seeing the baby Jesus in the nativity set. Well, he remembered from our conversation in the car and he found him right in his mother's arms. He seemed so at peace after that. I may need to get a traveling nativity set.

Caitlin is busy this evening practicing at the University of Findlay preparing to cheer at the University of Findlay men's basketball game tomorrow. She is very excited to hang out with the girls. Then she is having a sleepover with Olivia. Good times being a seven year old...

Well Christmas cards, letters, baking, and laundry calling my name. And Sinter Klaas comes tonight to fill our wooden shoes so I need to get to bed....

2 comments:

Netherfieldmom said...

Funny--once my mommy came in to get me up from my nap (when we lived in Germany) and I had removed my diaper and smeared its contents all over the crib and wall beside my crib! ;)

GRANDPA AND TT said...

i think you have your hands full we miss you all and hope you have a great christmas we hope to see you soon
love grandpa and TT